LEO is a hand-held meter for IVF application. It allows measurement of CO2-O2 gas composition, temperature, relative humidity, and gas flow of high-top and bench-top incubators, by using multiple sensor modules.
The CO2-O2-MODULE is embedded into LEO, and it is included standard. The CO2-O2-MODULE can be easily extracted and sent to Okolab for re-calibration. Other (external) sensor modules can be connected to LEO’s connection ports.
LEO allows organization of the stored data, associating a label to each device connected. You can store up to 40 devices. The stored data can be displayed on LEO’s screen, organized by date and device.
- CO2-O2-MODULE (included with LEO)
- Included CO2-O2-MODULE
- User-friendly touch screen interface
- Compatible with any incubator on the market
- Diffusion or Aspiration gas sampling modes
- Sampling tube and de-humidification kit included
- Long term logging and single point measurement
- USB OTG for data downloading to a USB flash drive
- Two external sensor connections to connect up to two optional sensor modules at the same time
- Software Update is available online so that LEO always has the latest software version
- Optional sensor modules are available
Gas Sampling modes
Diffusion sampling mode
Gas flows into LEO through the dedicated diffusion port with icon .
The minimum operating flow rate is 30 ml/min.
Aspiration (Pump) sampling mode
Gas is actively pulled in via LEO’s internal pump through the dedicated aspiration port with icon. The pump flow rate can be set in the range 60-260 ml/min.
New brushless pump lifetime: 10000h.
Diffusion / Aspiration mode selection
Operator can select between Diffusion and Aspiration mode by using the dedicated flag
LEO acquires a single point.
Measuring CO2 and O2 may take some time.
You can choose to acquire the data manually, or let LEO acquire it when the measurement is stable.
Logging mode measurement
Leo is able to acquire a sequence of data point the desired time interval.
Operator must set the duration of the sequence and the time between each measurement.
Gas Measurement From Wet Incubator
The Moisture Trap (included with LEO) is used when the measured gas is wet, in order to remove water molecules for protection of the gas sensors.
By using Wet Mode, LEO can improve the CO2 ad O2 readings by accounting for the water content of your incubator. The temperature and relative humidity (RH) values of your incubator must be entered.
LEO Sensor Modules
The sensor modules are calibrated by using traceable standards, and store the calibration data in the internal memory. The sensor modules can be delivered with traceable or accredited calibration certificate, and sent to Okolab for re-calibration.
Moreover, sensor calibration can be performed by using LEO through intuitive user calibration routines.
Each sensor can perform single point measurements and logging over time, and can store data in LEO’s local memory. The stored data can be displayed on LEO’s screen, organized by date and device. The stored data can be downloaded through the micro USB port and analyzed by using the LEO DATA IMPORT Excel Macro.
The CO2-O2-MODULE measures the CO2-O2 volume concentration in the unit of %, and CO2-O2 partial pressure in the units of mbar, psi and KPa. It is included in LEO and stores calibration data in its internal memory.
The CO2-O2-MODULE can be easily extracted and sent to Okolab for re-calibration. Moreover the CO2-O2-MODULE can be calibrated with an intuitive user calibration procedure. The CO2-O2-MODULE lifetime is 5 years.
Features - CO2:
- Sensor: Non Dispersive InfraRed detector (NDIR)
- Measurement range: 0-20%
- Accuracy (in the range 0-10%): ±(1% of Full Scale +2% reading)
Features - O2:
- Sensor: Fluorescence-based optical sensor
- Measurement range: 0-22%
- Accuracy (in the range 0-10%*): ±(1% of Full Scale +2% reading)
*Measurement range 0-10% is guaranteed for 5 years.
Small, flexible, calibrated, and immersible thermocouple. Ideal for measurements in liquids, such as culture media in a dish. T1-MODULE has a negligible diameter (0.13mm) and it can be directly introduced into an incubator, even if it lacks a dedicated temperature measurement port.
- Sensor: K-type thermocouple
- Measurement range: 0-60°C
- Accuracy: ±0.1°C from 20 to 50°C
Temperature probe, ideal for measurements of incubator temperature when sampling port access is available. T2-MODULE has an external diameter of 2 mm and is suitable for temperature measurements of bench-top and high-top incubators where the temperature monitoring port has a diameter larger than 2 mm.
- Sensor: PT1000 RTD Class A
- Measurement range: 0-60°C
- Accuracy: ±0.1°C from 20 to 50°C
Designed to measure carbon dioxide at ppm in offices, laboratories, hospitals, and generally, wherever indoor air quality is important for the occupants’ comfort and health. The probe is temperature and pressure compensated.
- Sensor: Non-dispersive infrared (NDIR)
- Measurement range: 0-10000 ppm
- Accuracy: ±(50ppm +3% reading)
- Response time: 2 minutes
Designed for checking humidity in chambers, incubators, laboratories, and to monitor indoor air quality.
Features - Relative Humidity::
- Sensor:Hygromer HT-1
- Measurement range: 0-100%
- Accuracy at 23°C: ±0.8% RH
- Response time: 18 s
Features - Temperature:
- Sensor: Pt100 1/3DIN Class B
- Measurement range: -10 + 100°C
- Accuracy: ±0.2°C from 20 to 40°C
Compact and accurate flow meter with short response time, ideal for instantaneous gas flow measurements. The highly compact and lightweight design makes it ideal for many different work environments. The presence of display allows to use the sensor module also as a standalone device.
- Measurement range: 0-200 ml/min
- Accuracy: ± (2.0 reading +0.5% full scale)
- Repeatability: ±0.5% full scale
- Response time:
- Working pressure: 0.08-0.8 bar
- Working temperature: -10 + 55°C
- Calibration medium: air
In order to improve the measurement experience, a Software Update is available online so that LEO always has the latest software version.
LEO DATA IMPORT
LEO allows stored data to be downloaded through the micro USB port, and analyzed by using the LEO DATA IMPORT Excel Macro.